Last week I mentioned that I was looking for viewer recipes too. That’s what this blog is about, sharing. I got several emails with recipes and I also got a request from Sharon. She said, “Do you have anything that’s for Vegetarians?” Luckily Paul was there with this recipe. Here was the first recipe sent to me and it’s meatless, Pinwheel Pasta.
Box of lasagna noodles
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
½ Onion, diced.
Garlic, 2 cloves crushed.
Fresh Basil, 2 T diced
Large can crushed tomatoes
Large tub of Whole milk Ricotta Cheese
1 cup, grated parmesan.
8 oz. Mozzarella, shredded.
- Boil lasagna noodles half way, so they are flexible but not cooked through, rinse in cold water.
- Sauté the onions in EVOO on medium heat until soft
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Add a large can of crushed tomatoes and basil, simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix Ricotta, eggs and grated parm.
- Add one ladle of sauce in the bottom of a 9x12 casserole dish.
- Lay out a lasagna noodle, spread with ricotta mix and roll noodle into pinwheel.
- Place in dish and continue until dish is full or you run out of noodles.
- Ladle the rest of the sauce over pinwheels and cover dish with a sheet of aluminum.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, then sprinkle with mozzarella and return to oven for 10 more minutes
Delicious, and if you’re into the healthy thing, just sub out the ricotta for fat free cottage cheese. Thanks to Paul for sending that in and if you have a recipe, pass it along. Just message me on Facebook or email me @ email@example.com . Good luck and good eating!